Friday, May 27, 2011

YA Summer Book Club

I have always loved to read, which for a math teacher is a little unexpected.  In fact when I started at Texas A&M I told them I wanted to be a teacher and get certified in math & reading, however, apparently those two don't go together.  So I've made up for choosing the math & science route by continuing to read and talk about YA books with my friends.  While talking about book clubs with a friend (I've never been apart of a book club), she was telling me how her friend doesn't really like the club she is a member of because all they read are adult books.  Don't get me wrong, adult books are great, I throughway enjoyed the Girl With the Dragon Tattoo series and enjoy Patricia Cornwell books, but there is just something about YA books that is largely more appealing to me.





With that being said, we decided to start a little YA book club this summer and read as many of the Chills & Thrills books and the Class of 2K11 books as we can. At least that is the current plan.  So, we have decided to make Firelight by Sophie Jordan our first book.


Luckily the Chills & Thrills tour is in Houston this weekend with two chances for you to meet Sophie Jordan, Lara Chapman, Jordan Dane, and Tracy Deebs.  These ladies will be at Murder by the Book Saturday, May 28th at 4:30pm.  Sunday they will be at Katy Budget Books on Sunday, May 29th at 2pm.

I hope you have a great Memorial Day weekend and have a chance to curl up with a good book!

No comments:

Post a Comment