Friday, July 8, 2011

TGIF brought to you by GReads


This Friday’s TGIF question:
What’s  the last book that you could not finish? (or had a hard time finishing?)


I usually don’t pick up a book unless I am interested enough in it to finish it.  However, there have been a couple occasions where I didn’t finish one book and another where it took me awhile to get into another book.  I tried to read Blood Ninja a few months ago and just could not get into it.  I have heard that it is a good book, but I started it when I was more into reading books with a love triangle and so I don’t think I was mentally into reading it at that time.  I did bring it home for summer reading, so maybe I’ll be able to give it another chance.




Another book that was slow starting for me, but that I wound up really enjoying was Sweetly by Jackson Perce.  For some reason, this one started slow for me and I was stuck about 75 pages in for a very long time, as it sat on my shelf while I read other books.  But I told myself that I was going to give it a try because my librarian LOVED it, so it went on vacation with me.  Why it took me so long to finish I’ll never know because I devoured the rest of the book in less than a day!This goes to show that just because a book is slow for you to get into, doesn't mean it's not a great book!!

No comments:

Post a Comment