Friday, August 12, 2011

My Friday Reads

I'm sad to say that this is my last Friday off. I love teaching, but I have LOVED reading and playing with my son this summer around my grad school and teaching summer school.
I have found some GREAT books to share with my students this next year, though, not many of them were on our "Gotta Keep Reading" challenge list for this school year.  Guess, I need to get working on those books too.  I wonder how many I can read in the week I have before student's return?

I'm currently reading two books:

XVI by Julia Karr was chosen for our book club read this month.  I'm only about 50 pages into it, but I'm enjoying it.  I really enjoy stories where there is a strong girl who isn't afraid to go against the norm and stay true to herself. 









The VEIL by Cory Putman Oaks is an eBook ARC that I recieved from the author.  I'm just past the part where "The Veil" has been lifted and I'm hooked and can't wait to find out more about what's behind the "Veil".







I am hoping to finish both of these books by early next week so I can get started on a couple of the books that are on this year's reading list. 

Some of the books from the student's reading list that I'll be reading this year will be:








Of course, there are always the NEW books that I will HAVE to read and then share with others.  Some of the ones that I am looking forward to this fall are:





No comments:

Post a Comment