Friday, October 28, 2011

TGIF

TGIF is a feature hosted by Ginger at GReads! This week's question:
Spooktacular Reads: Which books do you consider festive Halloween reads? Which stories have chilled you to the bone?


Ok, well, I don't do "scary" stories or even scary movies (I'm the one next to you in the movies with her eyes covered during the previews.  My husband even knows to change the channel when a scary movie commercial comes on, I never even had to ask, he's awesome!).  But, there are some great books out there with spooky themes that I think fall under this category.   Here are some of my favorites:


The Need Series
by Carrie Jones
The Beautiful Creatures Series
by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl
The Mortal Instruments Series
by Cassandra Clare
The Infernal Devices Series
by Cassandra Clare
The Wicked Lovely Series
by Melissa Marr




And you can't have Spooky stories or Halloween without Vampires:

The Vlad Todd Series
by Heather Brewer
The Slayer Chronicles
by Heather Brewer
The Twilight Series
by Stephanie Meyer
The Morganville Vampires
by Rachel Caine
The Blue Bloods Series
by Melissa de la Cruz


I'm sure I could keep going for a while and I am quite certain I have forgotten some great books! 
Let me know what Spooky stories you like!

4 comments:

  1. Cool reads!! And I just became your 200th follower!!!!

    xo,
    Lah @ LazyGirl Reads

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lah - THANKS!!!! Now I get to work on the 200 follower giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the list of Scary character reads...but that aren't really scary. And your husband is a great guy for switching the channel even for commercials...very cool of him, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your list of reads! A lot of them are part of my TBR list - and I really should get to work on that. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete