Friday, November 11, 2011

My Friday Reads

Life has a way of interupting reading time, but I'm still squeezing it in!  Reading is a great escape!  Since I haven't been able to sit down and write full reviews of books I've finished, I decided I would do a little mini review about the books I'm currently reading. 

Crossed by Ally Condie

I happened to come across Matched last year before I started this blog and immediately fell in love with it.  I then convinced my librarian and several students to read it and of course, they loved it to!  I've been waiting for Crossed for a while and even more so after I saw this cover last spring.  With that being said, I'm not rushing to finish Crossed, because then I"ll have to wait that much longer for the final installment.  Cassia has embarked on a dangerous journey to find Ky and along the way is finding out more about Xander.  I'll admit I was totally Team Ky after Matched, but I am a little intrigued about the new information on Xander that I have discovered this far.  While Crossed isn't action packed, I am really enjoying falling back in the world Ally Condie has created. 





I was very excited to be graded a copy of May B. via NetGalley.  This is my first book to read, at least that I remember, that is written in verse.  I wasn't sure what to expect since I do love reading how authors set up their worlds in detail, but I am quite enjoying May B.  The world is still easy to imagine with the short concise descriptions.  I think the verse writing also leaves a little to the imagination, which I think is fun.  As I read, I'm also thinking of several students who are reluctant to read chapter books because they do not like a lot of words on one page and while I haven't seen a print copy of this book, I can think of many who will love how this one is set up.  I'm looking forward to discovering more about the remarkable 
May B.  From what I've read so far, May B. is a girl that many could relate to in different ways. 

No comments:

Post a Comment