Monday, November 21, 2011

Review: Crossed by Ally Condie

Crossed by Ally Condie
Released: November 1, 2011


My Rating: 3.5 stars

     I LOVED Matched and the world that was created by Ally Condie and was anxiously awaiting the next book in her trilogy.  Crossed is not as fast paced as Matched.  What I have enjoyed most about Crossed is learning more about Cassia, Ky, Xander along with a couple new characters.  Ally still writes a beautiful story set in an equally beautiful and dangerous world.  Crossed follows Cassia and Ky as they each try to find a way back to each other.  I think it is important for Cassia to experience the different challenges and choices she makes as it helps her to develop a deeper understanding of what it means to love.  Crossed is about sacrifices made on different levels by all the characters, some are seen in the novel and some are just brought up in back stories. 

      I’ll admit that I was all for Ky after the first book, but am very curious to see how the revelations about Xander play out in the third book.  Crossed met my need for more of Ky and Cassia’s story, but presented more questions about Xander, Indie (a new character in Crossed), and the Rising.  I enjoyed the use of poems throughout Crossed.  They seem to make the journey of the characters even more personal.  If you are a fan of Matched, you will enjoy Crossed and finding out a little more about your favorite characters, but don’t expect a lot of breath holding action.  If anything, Crossed piqued my interest in how Ally Condie will wrap up this beautiful trilogy.

 You can find out more about Ally Condie and The Matched Trilogy here:
GoodReads
Twitter
Ally's Website
The Matched Trilogy 
The Matched Department fan site
 

1 comment:

  1. So you didn't think Crossed was as good as Matched? I really should read this sooner rather than later. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete