Monday, May 7, 2012

Three Months...

     Today, May 7th, marks three months since my mom passed away after a long battle beating Leukemia and dealing with GVHD.  With my first Mother's Day without her approaching, I have had my ups and downs.  I miss her, but knowing she is no longer in pain and in a far better place helps.  I have also discovered that writing about memories that pop into my head helps he heal and not forget.

Mom and my little guy on the day he was born.
April 24, 2008
      A friend of mine made a comment on her FB page to see if anyone wanted to do the Relay for Life on May 18th with her, as that is her anniversary and she lost her husband to cancer 2 years ago, I didn't even hesitate to say "I'm in!".

     So, I'm walking in the Relay for Life on May 18th in memory of my Mom.  I know she will be watching from above and will love the Luminaria lighting that night because she loved candles.  While I'm walking in memory of my mom, there are other women in my family (both grandmothers) who will also be in my heart so they too lost their battle to cancer (breast cancer and ovarian cancer).  I know it's a bit of a late notice for this year's walk, but we (Me and my friend, Malinna) are hoping to make it an annual event.

     If you or anyone you know have been touched by cancer, please consider making a donation to my team.  Cancer is an ugly beast and you just never know when it will rear it's ugly head as it attacks people of all ages and races.  Thank you for taking the time to read this post and if you'd like to donate or even join the team, just CLICK HERE.  Our team name is Heroes in Heaven, which we think is very fitting!

1 comment:

  1. So sorry for your loss. I walked in the Relay for Life Friday (5/4) with a group from work. It's an incredibly touching event. Wish you the best in the weeks to come.

    ReplyDelete