Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Review ~ Hidden

Happy Book Birthday to HIDDEN, the third Firelight novel by Sophie Jordan.  


Hidden (Firelight #3)
by Sophie Jordan
Publisher: HarperTEEN
pages: 272
Release Date: September 11, 2012

Jacinda was supposed to bond with Cassian, the "prince" of their pride. But she resisted long before she fell in love with Will—a human and, worse, a hunter. When she ran away with Will, it ended in disaster, with Cassian's sister, Miram, captured. Weighed down by guilt, Jacinda knows she must rescue her to set things right. Yet to do so she will have to venture deep into the heart of enemy territory.
The only way Jacinda can reach Miram is by posing as a prisoner herself, though once she assumes that disguise, things quickly spiral out of her control. As she learns more about her captors, she realizes that even if Will and Cassian can carry out their part of the plan, there's no guarantee they'll all make it out alive. But what Jacinda never could have foreseen is that escaping would be only the beginning....
Loyalties are tested and sacrifices made in the explosive conclusion to Sophie Jordan's Firelight trilogy.

     Sophie did it again!  What a thrilling conclusion to the Firelight series, though I'm still secretly hoping there is another story out there waiting to be told.  Jacinda finds herself feeling responsible for the capture of Miram and to save her, she will have to go into the stronghold, where no draki as escaped.  While Will and Cassian think that the plan is dangerous, they don't see another choice and know that even if they don't help, Jacinda would still go in, so in they go.  While in the stronghold, Jacinda discovers types of draki she never knew existed and what they are doing in there is beyond what she had imagined.  
   
     Just when the plan seems to be going wrong, a new acquaintance steps up and helps.  Once outside of the stronghold, they aren't out of danger yet.  Once friends become enemies and this throws the draki family into a conforntation with will leave them shaken to their core.  I must say a was divided between Will and Cassian before this book, but, for me, after some revelations I am definitely cheering for one guy.  Because I don't want to give away anything, all I will say is that I was happy with the end. Though I still stand by my feeling that there could be more to the story.  Enjoy every, thrilling page and I hope you enjoy the conclusion to the Firelight series as much as I did.

You can find Sophie Jordan on-line:

2 comments:

  1. I'm hoping my favorite guy gets the girl! I've heard mixed thoughts on the ending, but I am happy to hear you liked it. :)

    ~Sara @ Forever 17 Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really have to get going on this series! It feels like it's been siting on my to read shelf forever. Great review! It makes me want to start the series ASAP!
    -Kimberly @ Turning The Pages
    +New GFC Follower :)

    ReplyDelete