Monday, September 5, 2011

Radiance By Alyson Noel


Radiance
by Alyson Noel

Summary from Goodreads:

Riley has crossed the bridge into the afterlife—a place called Here, where time is always Now. She has picked up life where she left off when she was alive, living with her parents and dog in a nice house in a nice neighborhood. When she’s summoned before The Council, she learns that the afterlife isn’t just an eternity of leisure. She’s been assigned a job, Soul Catcher, and a teacher, Bodhi, a possibly cute, seemingly nerdy boy who’s definitely hiding something. They return to earth together for Riley’s first assignment, a Radiant Boy who’s been haunting a castle in England for centuries. Many Soul Catchers have tried to get him to cross the bridge and failed. But all of that was before he met Riley . . .

My review:   4 Stars

I picked up this book after finding out that my school was going to have Alyson Noel visit.  Having heard good things about this series, I was looking forward to reading it.  Riley is a fun character that slowly discovers how she viewed herself and what others saw were slightly different.  It was through those differences and with the help of the Radiant Boy that she finally accepts her role in the Here & Now.  I really enjoyed the start of Riley's story and am looking forward to reading more of her story. 
Of course there is a boy, Bodhi, who is really not Riley's type or so she thinks.  Their interactions together were funny in that you could see her picking on him was masking the fact that she probably liked him.  This is not, at least in my opinion, a love story, however, I could see how maybe in the future something could develope.  And if not, then I think they will be great friends.  This will be an easy book to get my students to read.

Now I'm also interested in reading about Ever, Riley's sister in the Immortal series to see how the accident affected her.

If you are looking for a good light book with some self discovery and friendship then I would recommend you check out Riley's story in Radiance.

No comments:

Post a Comment