Friday, March 9, 2012

TGIF

 Hosted by Ginger at GReads!, this week's TGIF:

Promote An Author: Is there a particular author you wish got more recognition?  Pick one author and tell us why we should read their work.

Well, it's very hard for me to narrow this down to just one author, so I had to go with two.  I picked on indie pub author and an another from my home state.  Let my gushing begin!


     I know a lot of people don't give indie published authors a chance, but I have come to find that there are some amazing indie authors out there.  Case in point, Raine Thomas, author of the Daughters of Saraqael Trilogy (Becoming, Central, Foretold) and the Estilorian short story The Prophecy.  I'm not sure who found who first on Twitter, but when I stumbled across Raine's website and read about her books I immediately contacted her to see when they would be released and then stalked her twitter account awaiting their release.  As soon as they were published on Smashwords I snatched them all up and enjoyed reading them over the next 3 days.  Raine creates a beautiful parallel world where Estilorians who used to share the earth with us now reside.  There are three sisters who live on our plane but belong in the Estilorian world.  Each book follows the Daughters of Saraqael, Amber, Olivia, and Skye through their journey of finding each other and making their way to their homeland.  Now, as calm as that sounds, each book is filled with action and of course romance.  What I love about the romance is that there is no triangle, it's all about finding out who you are and discovering who want to be with.  I have tried to promote  each book through my reviews and tweets and have even convinced a couple friends to read them, and of course they LOVED the books like I did.  If you are looking for a great story with action, intrigue, and a little romance you must check out Raine's books!!



Raine Thomas on-line:  Website  Twitter  Facebook  Goodreads  Blog  Pintrest
Check out my reviews: Becoming  Central  Foretold


Remember how I said I couldn't pick just one?  Now I'd like to promote an author who may not be from Texas, but she calls it home now: Cory Putman Oakes

     When a fellow Texan tweeted about Cory's book, The Veil, and how Cory was looking for review readers I jumped at the chance to read it.  I immediately fell into the Annorasi world of The Veil she created and found myself finishing it too quickly.  Imagine that there was a world separate from ours that existed on top of our own.  People in this world can decide if you see them or not and usually it's not.  Then imagine finding out why you can now all of a sudden see this world and it changes everything you thought you knew.  Change can be good, but it can also be bad.  I don't want to give away anything, but what Addison Russell encounters in The Veil will challenge everything she thought she knew.  While Cory only has the one book out right know, you can find out more about the sequel for The Veil.  This past Valentine's Day, Cory had a story in an anthology with many other authors, In His Eyes.  While I haven't read it yet, it's on my list!!  Cory also has plans for a four book middle-grade fantasy series.  As a junior high teacher, I can't put into words how excited I am that she is working on a middle grades book!!

Cory Putman Oakes on-line:  Website  Blog  Twitter  Goodreads  Facebook
Check out my review of The Veil.

Both of these authors deserve more attention and more READERS!  I hope you will take the time to check them out.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the wonderful post, Sarah! I'm so excited by your love of the Estilorians, and truly appreciate the time you've taken to support my books. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, Sarah, thank you so much for all of the sweet things that you said about me and The Veil! You are the best - and I am honored that you think so highly of my book :-) Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete